Tired of the age-old question of who is playing Ozzfest this year. . or is there even going to be a Ozzfest?? Well we here at Damnation magazine have been roaming the internet in search for such answers. . while this is all still rumored we can at least say that they are planning to have a touring Ozzfest again this year. . that much you can find on Ozzfest.com. What you can’t find however is a good solid lineup (aside from the hundreds and thousands of ‘wish lists’ made by the Ozzfest forum posters) But finally I found something fairly intriguing that I was wanting to share with you all, still a rumor but of the bands on the list 1) it’s a damn good lineup and 2) many of them I have heard repeatedly as to possibly playing the fest this summer so check it out:
Bands and rumors are starting to swirl for Ozzfest 2010. With the traveling festival making its much heralded return to the touring circuit this summer, punters are eager to know which bands will be filling this year’s Ozzfest roster. What seems to just ‘make sense’, coupled with educated guesses and general ideation based on various rumors and whisperings, can be found below:
- Ozzy Osbourne (to headline)
- Rammstein or Slipknot or Euro-UK/all-star Act or Stone Sour (to co-headline)
- Alice in Chains
- Them Crooked Vultures
- Fear Factory
- Down or DevilDriver (to headline)
- Dirge Within
- Children of Bodom
- Mutiny Within
I also wanted to share the rest of this sites post as I found it quite humorous:
General Rumors and Musings
- The likelihood of a ‘big name’ European/UK act (remember Iron Maiden, Judas Priest) being thrown in the mix, coupled with the potential for a ‘reunion‘ act (aside from Alice in Chains) to lock down the co-headlining slot on the main stage would not go amiss.
- Having said that, what about someone a little more mainstream as co-headliners…our two picks outside of the above thought process go to Chickenfoot and Godsmack.
- One or more of the usual NWOAHM crew (Unearth, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, All That Remains, etc.) will make their annual appearance.
- Most folks will be crossing their fingers that a Relapse or Earache upstart will make the bill (see: Your Demise, White Wizzard).
- Don’t write off Roadrunner funding multiple bands, outside of their young guns in Mutiny Within, to get on Ozzfest 2010. With new signings Trivium making strides across the globe with their own headlining tours, and now boasting a new drummer, odds would favor rather than not.
- Who wouldn’t like to see a fantastic random Euro act like Finntroll or Dark Tranquillity from the CM/NB partnership come over to the US? Both are supporting new albums. Even Soilwork are in the studio again, don’t forget.
- Leave one slot open for a band nobody likes (see: OTEP)
- What about special guest headliners on major city dates…(see: Ozzy Osbourne – Headlining Ozzfest 2nd Stage In California and Ozzy Osbourne – To Headline Ozzfest 2nd Stage in NYC)
- What about Disturbed and Mudvayne and these larger acts who have ‘done it all before’? Depends on album sales (not so hot for Mudvayne), interest (high for Disturbed), and what’s in the cooker for them for 2010.
- Note: Various acts above (Mastodon, Lamb of God, etc.) could be interchanged between slots. Noted that acts like Dillinger Escape Plan are on other tours, but routing and dates for Ozzfest is still TBD.
- Note: Who knows how Team Ozzfest are going to spin it this year. Will it be big bands and no side-stage at specific stops, or a full-blown multi-stage tour?
All the above information was found on SMNnews.com